Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few questions we hear a lot…
- Does Thermetrics offer sensors and spare parts?
- Yes! Ordering spare parts and accessories such as calorimeter sensors for the TPP, RPP, CCHR, Flame Manikin and our other instruments is easy. Thermetrics has developed an online store where parts for all our thermal systems can be found and ordered with a few simple clicks.
- Can I get local technical support?
- Yes, Thermetrics has a worldwide agent network to assist with all your needs locally. Please take a look at the contact information of our agents.
- Does Thermetrics provide user training and installation support?
- Yes, we offer a start-up as an optional sales item with all of our systems. As a start-up service, we will send an engineer or technician to your facility to assist with installation of the system. Start-up also includes a training session, during which we will instruct you on system operation and maintenance as well as answer any questions you might have. We can also help you create customized test settings and help you get started with your research.
- Does Thermetrics offer system calibrations?
- Yes, Thermetrics offers full system calibrations for manikin and hotplate systems as well as calorimeter calibrations for our flame and radiant test systems. All Thermetrics systems have high performance, high accuracy sensors to provide results of high precision. You should thoughtfully develop your own internal calibration cycle requirements, but Thermetrics recommends that all of our systems and calorimeters should be calibrated at least annually to maintain accurate test results.
- Does Thermetrics offer long term service plans?
- Yes, we offer comprehensive service plans for all of our systems. The service plans are usually either one year or multi-year contracts customized to fulfill all your needs. A typical contract includes an annual calibration, free software upgrades, technical support and help for maintenance. With a service plan we can assure a full and trouble-free performance of your system. Please see service plans for more information.
- How can I get technical support for Thermetrics systems?
- Thermetrics provides technical support free of charge for the life of our products. We are dedicated to providing you with a solution as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours. We can help you troubleshoot any system problems or answer any questions either by phone or email or you can contact us by using the support contact form. If you are an international client, you can also seek assistance from one of our international agents.
- Does Thermetrics offer equipment rentals?
- Yes! Thermetrics equipment is built to order but we maintain four manikin systems that are available for rental. Current inventory includes a 26-zone and 34-zone sweating Newton thermal manikin, a HVAC climate evaluation manikin, and a STAN seat test manikin. Rentals include round-trip shipping as well as setup and training. Rental plans are flexible and can be as short as a few weeks, or as long as several months, depending on the scope of your research project.