Service and calibration
Keep your equipment running up-to-spec with a trusted, highly experienced partner
Why trust Thermetrics?
With over 35 years of experience building advanced thermal measurement instruments and providing support and calibration to customers across the globe, the engineers at Thermetrics truly know their stuff.
Thermetrics’ in-house test laboratory and ﬁeld calibration services are accredited by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) to ISO/IEC 17025. Read the full scope of accreditation now.
ISO/IEC 17025 is the single most important standard for calibration and testing laboratories around the world. Laboratories that are accredited to this international standard have demonstrated that they are technically competent and able to produce precise and accurate test and/or calibration data. The standard’s technical requirements include factors which determine the correctness and reliability of any tests and calibrations performed in the laboratory.
In order to be deemed technically competent most labs must hold an accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025 – including test laboratories, such as the Thermetrics calibration lab, where equipment testing and calibration is part of our product inspection/certification process.
In common with other ISO quality standards, ISO/IEC 17025 requires continual improvement. Regular internal audits (one of which is underway now) help Thermetrics identify opportunities to make the test/calibration process even better than it was.
Have you calibrated your equipment recently?
All Thermetrics systems are based on highly accurate sensors and over time, these sensors tend to “drift.” Drifted sensors may lead to erroneous results and no longer meet test standards—this is where calibration comes in!
We understand getting your equipment calibrated may be about as desirable as going to the dentist or doing scheduled maintenance on a car, but as you know, big investments need to be cared for to maintain a high level of performance. Still not convinced? Here are a few reasons for regular calibration, in no particular order:
- If you’re a quality control lab, your reputation is on the line
- If you’re an apparel manufacturer making claims about product performance, your reputation is on the line
- If your test results are published and they’re “off,” your reputation is on the line
- Possible wrong decisions made based on faulty R&D data—potentially very costly!
How can you check the performance of your system? We recommend running a test of your own—either with the fabric sample you purchased at the time you acquired your equipment, or with a certified sample from our parts store and give it a run.
Ready to get your equipment calibrated?
Excellent choice! You can choose one of two options:
- On-site calibration. A Thermetrics engineer/technician will visit your site to provide the calibration (COVID-permitting, of course).
- Calibration at our lab. Ship your system to the Thermetrics lab in Seattle, Washington for calibration. Turnaround times will vary based on the complexity of your system—from a couple of days to several weeks.
Contact support to get your calibration scheduled.
Choose the level of support right for you
We offer three support levels to best meet your needs:
- Level 1 – Standard. By default, all Thermetrics systems are on this level for the lifetime of the system.
- Level 2 – Calibration. Let us ensure your system always measures correctly by calibrating it annually.
- Level 3 – Full. All-inclusive plan to meet all equipment service needs.
For more information on our levels of support, please visit our Service Plans page.
Need help with existing equipment?
For assistance, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following in your email, or tap the “get in touch” button.
- Data file(s) generated from the test(s) during which the problem was observed
- Any data files from successful tests for comparison (any large data files should be compressed into a zip folder)
- Screenshots from ThermDAC showing test parameters or error messages, if available